“United In Service”
The premiere nurses’ organization in Barbados with local, regional and international networks, the advocate for nurses and clients, providing leadership for quality health care.
To provide dynamic and proactive representation for members, foster the development and training of nurses and protect the rights and welfare of patients/clients and nurses.
The BNA engages in the professional development of its members through seminars, workshops, lectures and conferences.
The BNA facilitates continued advanced educational preparation of its members by assisting with scholarships/fellowships for courses and university studies.
The BNA represents all facets of nursing at planning and policy making levels as well as on NGOs and other community organizations and has representation on:
- Nursing Council of Barbados
- Barbados Drug Formulary Committee
- Advisory Committee on Nursing, Barbados Community College
- National Organisation of Women
- CTUSAB and the Sub-committee of the Social Partners
- Department of Emergency management
- Mental Health Commission
- Barbados Family Planning Association
- Barbados Coalition of Service Industries
- HIV/AIDS Commission